AVAILABLE ONLY AS A CLASS SERIES. PURCHASE UNDER LR SERIES.
In this last class we’ll focus on presentation by spending time with the beautiful Book and Print modules and we’ll take a look at the often overlooked but powerful Map module. We wrap up with the Slide show and Web modules.
- Map Module: Automatically map photos taken with any GPS enabled device • Using inexpensive hardware or a $2 app on your smartphone you can map all of your DSLR photos
- Tethered shooting: How to shoot with your camera connected directly to your computer for automatic import into Lightroom • Precision color profiling for shooting product or other subjects
- Web Module: Using the Web module to build galleries • Flash templates • FTP from inside LR or in another utility
- Slide Shows: Making a client presentation or just showing pictures to your family • Customizing your slide show • Creating an MP4 movie with a soundtrack
- Putting it on paper: Working with the Print Module • Print packages and custom layouts • Printer settings and profiles • Printing yourself or sending to a service
- Self publishing a high quality book: Learn how to lay out, edit and print professional books from within Lightroom • Some easy tricks for creating custom page layouts
- Cost per person for the series is $220 early registration (available until 5 days before the first class start date), $270 late registration.
- Doors open at 6:15pm.
- Classes start promptly at 6:30pm.
- Each class is 2 ½ hours long.
- Advance registration and payment is required.
- Maximum number of students is 20, minimum number to make a class is 8.
- Parking is available on the street or in the adjacent lot at Electric Light & Power.
Q: What is Lightroom?
A: Adobe Lightroom is the dominant Digital Asset Management program for photographers. Picasa, iPhoto, ACDSee and other programs are similar but Lightroom offers the most robust set of tools for importing, processing, selecting, printing and publishing your photos .
Q: What will I learn?
A: In the series of four classes you will learn how to set up Lightroom, import images and use the wealth of editing tools to improve your photos. You’ll understand how to use Lightroom’s ability to instantly find any photo in your collection based on keywords. You’ll also learn how to print, create web galleries and slide shows and share images online from within Lightroom.
Q: What do I need?
A: Each class includes an illustrated handout so you can follow along with the presentation. You don’t need to bring your laptop to the class. You can learn by watching the live demo, following in the handout and taking notes. If you do bring your laptop, make sure you have the latest version of Lightroom loaded. You should already be well acquainted with your computer hardware and settings and know your way around your operating system. If you don’t already own Lightroom you can download a free 30 day trial from the Adobe website.
Q: What about “The Cloud”?
A: Lightroom is available as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud packages but can also be purchased as a standalone program.
Q: What about Photoshop?
A: Lightroom works in conjunction with Photoshop. Think of Lightroom as the corner emergency clinic where you go if you have a cold, sprain or splinter. Photoshop is the equivalent of a large hospital where major surgery is performed. For many people Photoshop is unnecessary and their entire workflow happens within the toolset of Lightroom. If you are doing commercial, industrial, special effects or other types of photography that require major surgery then Photoshop is an essential skill.
Q: How much do the classes cost?
A: Cost per person for the series is $220 early registration (available until 5 days before the first class start date), $270 late registration.
Q: Can I mix and match classes from different series for the bundled price?
A: No, the discounted bundled price is only available to classes taken in sequence.
Q: Can I take individual classes instead of the series?
A: No, this series can only be purchased as a bundle.
Q: How will I know if a class makes or not?
A: If a class doesn’t make and has to be canceled, you will receive an email no later than the day before the scheduled class date.
Q: How late can I sign up for a class?
A: As long as the class doesn’t show as “sold out”, you can register and pay up to two hours before the starting time of the class.
Q: What if I have to cancel?
A: Details on cancellations are on our Policies page.
Steve has over 30 years in film production and media creation and is known for his depth of knowledge and willingness to share his experience with others. Steve ran his own commercial production company whose client list included American Airlines, Garmin, Paramount Amusement Parks and numerous food and big box stores as well as banks, non-profits and hospitals.
He was a top selling contributor to Getty Images in both still and motion collections and ran a successful still portrait business with an emphasis on high quality images and deft retouching. He has extensive experience photographing flat and 3D art for Heritage Auctions and other clients. He is the inventor of the patented EyeDirect Focusing System product, used by hundreds of producers and camera people around the world.