Photo Swap Meet: Buy, Sell, Trade, Gawk
The Photo Swap Meet will return December 2019. Cost is $5 cash at the door. Kids 12 and under get in free.
Stay tuned for vendor table registration. See Vendor tab for complete details.
For one day the studio space at DCP will be stuffed full of photo gear for you to buy or trade. Expect to find the usual and the very unusual on over 30 tables of cameras, lenses, lighting, bags, doodads. . . we’re not sure what will show up! If you’ve never been to a photo swap meet then you’ve been missing out! There will also be a door prize although you don’t need to be present to win.
DCP is hosting this event with help from Don’s Camera, the best used camera store in the region.
Whether you’re a professional dealer, full time photographer or just a hobbyist with a spending habit and a closet full of stuff to get rid of then rent a table and come be a vendor. If you just want to sell or trade a few items you can buy a ticket and see what kind of deal you can make with one of the vendors.
Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm. Entry is $5 cash at the door. Kids 12 and under get in free.
- Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm.
- The cost is $5 cash at the door
- Kids 12 and under get in free
- Plenty of free parking on Algiers St.
- Vendors who have rented tables will park and load in from the rear entrance on Iberia
- Google map link for 4756 Algiers, 75207
Q: Can I sell equipment if I don’t rent a table?
A: Yes, you’re welcome to bring handheld items or a camera bag with gear to sell or trade with a vendor. No rolling carts or loads of gear. That’s what the tables are for.
Q: Are children allowed?
A: Absolutely. Kids 12 and under get in free. This is a great way to let kids see some interesting photo gear. Just be responsible.
Vendor tables are sold out. If you’d like to be placed on the waitlist, please send us an email through the Contact page.
Tables must be purchased through the website. Please note: DCP is two stories, so if you need a table downstairs, you must purchase a table downstairs. We do not have an elevator to access the upstairs. If you have any questions please send us an email through the Contact page.
- There are 32 tables available. There are 21 tables downstairs and 11 tables upstairs.
- Table positions will be assigned. There’s no bad spot or back corner, so placement isn’t an issue. This is to guarantee that the people who bought two tables will be placed next to each other.
- Limit 2 tables per vendor.
- Tables are standard 6′ long and rent for $35/each.
- Each table rental includes two chairs and two event entry tickets.
- You’re welcome to share a table with a friend.
- Vendors must park in the rear parking lot on Iberia and bring gear through the back door.
- Set up time begins at 9am. No one will be allowed in before that time. Main doors open at 10.
- No refunds for cancellations or no shows.
- Power is available at some tables. If you need power then let us know before you register through the Contact page.
- You can have lunch at your table but please keep it subtle.
- Address, map and parking info are in the Details tab.
- Vendors must be packed up and out of the parking lot by 5PM.
- Please plan to be here until we close at 4PM unless you sell all of your gear or something important comes up.
Vendors are expected to have things to sell! This event is for the benefit of the customers who are looking for equipment to buy. We don’t allow people to buy a table just so they can get in early and look for deals.