Film Screening: "COWBOYS" by John Langmore
This event was held February 13, 2020. Click here to see what events are happening now!
DCP welcomes photographer and filmmaker John Langmore to a screening of his film COWBOYS: A Documentary Portrait on February 13 at 7pm.
Told in the cinematic tradition of classic westerns, “COWBOYS – A Documentary Portrait” is a feature-length film that gives viewers the opportunity to ride alongside modern working cowboys on some of America’s largest and most remote cattle ranches. The movie documents the lives of the men and women working on these “big outfit” ranches – some of which are over one million acres – and still require full crews of horseback mounted workers to tend large herds of cattle.
COWBOYS was filmed on eight of the nation’s largest cattle ranches across ten states in the American West.
This event is presented in collaboration with:
- Doors open at DCP at 6:30pm.
- Film starts promptly at 7pm, followed by a discussion with filmmaker John Langmore.
- Tickets for non-DCP members are $10 and must be purchased through the DCP website before the screening.
- DCP members receive one or more complimentary tickets to this event based on their membership level. DCP members must register for this event to guarantee a seat for the lecture. To get your free member tickets, please login to your account here and navigate to the My Membership section where you’ll find a page for the Event Tickets.
- Tickets will be available at the door, space permitting.
- There is plenty of free parking in front of DCP, on the street or in the adjacent lot at Electric Light and Power.