DCP Speaker Series: Nikola Olic
This event was held March 10, 2022. Click here to see what events are happening now!
**NEW DATE DUE TO WINTER STORM – THURSDAY, MARCH 10**
Dallas Center for Photography invites you to an evening with architecture photographer Nikola Olic on Thursday, March 10 from 7pm-9pm. This event will be in-person at Dallas Center for Photography. You may watch the live stream of this event via Zoom for a discounted ticket.
Nikola Olic is a Serbian photographer living and working right here in the Dallas/Fort-Worth area, focusing on architectural photography and abstract structural quotes that reimagine architecture in playful, dimensionless and disorienting ways. He is represented by Afterimage Gallery in Dallas, Subject Art Gallery in New York City, Espaces Atypiques in France, and Bartselona Gallery in Serbia.
Every photograph in his collection includes the exact coordinates where each photograph was taken, offering a quick return to the real world in which the structure exists, of cars, noise, buildings and people, and is intended as a demystifying tool, reminding us that these structures — beautiful or otherwise — are among us on every corner, in cities we visit or cities where we live.
His photography has appeared in publications and public and private collections around the world, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, Wired Magazine, The Guardian Newspaper, BBC News, Forbes, Dezeen, USA Today and many others. He was also featured in all major local media outlets, including The Dallas Morning News, The Dallas Observer, Dallas Architecture Forum, Advocate Magazine, Patron Magazine and D Magazine.
- This in-person event will be Thursday, March 10 at Dallas Center for Photography (4756 Algiers Street, Dallas, 75207). You may also tune in to the live stream of this event via Zoom for a discounted ticket.
- Doors open at 6:30pm. The event starts promptly at 7:00pm and ends at 9:00pm.
- Tickets are $10 to attend the in-person event at DCP.
- Tickets are $5 to access the live stream of the event via Zoom.
- DCP members receive complimentary tickets to all DCP events. Click here to see how many tickets your membership level receives per event. Seating is limited, so we strongly encourage members to RSVP to secure a seat.
- Parking is available in the DCP parking lot or along Algiers Street.
- Following recent CDC guidelines, masks are not required, but for everyone’s safety and out of courtesy for those who may be especially susceptible, we encourage you to wear a mask.
This lecture is held in partnership with AIA Dallas and the AD EX.