DCP Speaker Series: Alan Ross
DCP Members: Please see Details tab for instructions on getting your free ticket(s).
Alan Ross has spent more than five decades behind the lens as a professional photographer. A combination of talent, chutzpah, and luck led him to work side-by-side with some of the most noted photographers of the day, from three-time Guggenheim fellow William Garnett to internationally known advertising photographer Milton Halberstadt to the legendary Ansel Adams.
Alan honed his vision and his skills under the tutelage and support of each. He eventually hung out his own shingle as a commercial advertising photographer in San Francisco, and finally landed in Santa Fe, where he spends his time on his own fine art, printing Ansel Adams’ Yosemite Special Edition negatives, and sharing his knowledge and expertise with amateur and professional photographers around the world.
Please join us as Alan shares his experiences and insights, including a look at Ansel Adams as a person, mentor and friend using his own personal photographs of Adams working, notes and letters from master to apprentice, and anecdotes and recollections from his years as Adams’ full-time photographic assistant.
- Doors open at DCP at 6:30pm.
- Lecture starts promptly at 7pm and ends at 9pm.
- DCP members receive one or more complimentary tickets to this event based on their membership level. DCP members must register for this event to guarantee a seat for the lecture.
- Tickets for non-DCP members are $10 and must be purchased through the DCP website before the lecture. If the event is not sold out tickets will be available at the door for $10, cash only.
- There is plenty of free parking in front of DCP, on the street or in the adjacent lot at Electric Light and Power.