For November’s walk, follow along as we capture unique images enhanced by the art, culture and technology of the AT&T Discovery District! Join us on an exploration of this new urban landscape as we consider different ways to utilize light and form to capture interesting images in public spaces.
Grab your camera and take part in DCP’s monthly photo walk! We invite you to hang out with fellow photographers, and trade tips, tricks, and tales as you photograph your way around the DFW metroplex’s most unique locations. All ages, skill levels, and camera types are welcome to participate.
This two hour, in-person walk will blend both instructor lead touring and independent exploration of the vibrant Discovery District. Our DCP instructor will be there to answer questions, offer suggestions, and give feedback on photos. A few days after the photo walk our instructor will host an online photo review, providing supportive group feedback and insight into your own and others’ photography.
- Cost per person is $35.
- Advance registration and payment is required.
- Maximum number of students is 20.
- For the photo walk, you will meet up with the instructor at a specified location in the Discovery District in downtown Dallas. Details will be shared via email prior to the event date
- The photo walk will be followed by an ONLINE review a few days later.
**Selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and similar items are NOT allowed**
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR ON-LOCATION SHOOTING:
- A DSLR, mirrorless, compact camera or smartphone. Any camera will do!
- Basic knowledge of your camera. If you use a DSLR or mirrorless, our Beginner Digital Photography series (or similar) is a recommended prerequisite.
- A charged battery and room on your memory card
- Weather appropriate shoes and attire.
Q: Do I need to wear a mask for the in-person class and on-location photo walk?
A: Masks are recommended but not required when at DCP. Please see our updated COVID policy.
Q: What do I need for the photo walk?
- Any camera will do.
- A charged battery and room on your memory card.
- The right shoes and clothes for the weather. An umbrella if needed.
Q: Are there previous requirements for this photo walk?
A: This class series is for all levels of photographers looking for new ways to compose and create unique images.
Q: How will I know if a class makes or not?
A: If a class doesn’t make and has to be canceled, you will receive an email no later than 2 days before the scheduled class date.
Q: What if I have to cancel?
A: If you cancel 7 days or more ahead of the scheduled date of the class, you will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee. A cancellation between 5 to 7 days ahead of the scheduled date will receive a 50% refund minus a $25 administrative fee. There is no refund or transfer credit for cancellations within 4 days of start time of the class or workshop. Full details on cancellations are on our Policies page.
Q: Where is the in-person class and photo walk held?
A: The photo walk will take place in-person at the AT&T Discovery District located in downtown Dallas. The instructor will provide more details about meeting place and time in an informational email sent out a few days before the class.