Support DCP on North Texas Giving Day
What’s North Texas Giving Day?
Communities Foundation of Texas’ North Texas Giving Day is an 18-hour online giving event on September 23 designed to empower every person to give back to their community by supporting local nonprofits. From 6:00 AM – 11:59pm on September 23, you can support your favorite cause and help create a more vibrant North Texas. Visit our Giving Day page here. Every $1 given during North Texas Giving Day will be matched up to $6,000!
Get started early!
Get a jump on donating and schedule your North Texas Giving Day gift starting September 1. Simply go to NorthTexasGivingDay.org between September 1 and September 22, and schedule your gift to DCP.
Consider giving to DCP on September 23
The last 18 months have been a time of both contracting and expanding. We stopped our in-person classes and events for over a year while creating a robust online community which we’ll continue to engage with even as we move back into our facility. We learned to adapt and turned a diminished budget into new programming and innovative online exhibitions and webinars.
Over the past two years, DCP has:
- Provided more than 1,000 adult students with photography training that ranges from basic camera operation to immersive, multi-day workshops with nationally recognized photographers and teachers.
- Hosted 9 photography exhibitions and 680 gallery visitors in our 2,000 square foot gallery, the only community photography gallery in the region. Exhibitions have included community work, individual photographers work, and selected images from our juried competitions.
- Helped youth and young adults gain an appreciation for photography through gallery tours and custom classes.
- Conducted webinars and events attended by over 1,200 people on topics such as documentary photography, a historically important Texas photographer, and a look at never-before seen images of the JFK funeral taken in November 1963 by a favorite DCP ambassador.
- Collaborated with partner organizations like the Dallas Historical Society, Trinity Park Conservancy and Klyde Warren Park to provide free photography events to the community.
DCP has begun to open its doors after our partial hibernation and it’s an exciting time for us. We will continue and expand our mission of creating a photographic community in North Texas with in-person classes, field trips, workshops, student programs, and gallery exhibitions, and in the spring we’ll bring back our popular speaker series.
Your 2021 North Texas Giving Day donation will help Dallas Center for Photography continue to give photographers of all ages and levels a chance to discover the power of photography, share their images with the community and foster an appreciation for photography as an art and storytelling medium.
You can help us reach our goal of $12,000 on North Texas Giving Day! Check out our Giving Day profile and support us on September 23.
Want to pay by check? Mail your donation directly to DCP (4756 Algiers, Dallas 75207) between September 1 and 22 and we’ll make sure it’s entered into the North Texas Giving Day platform and counted toward DCP’s overall goal.
Double your donation to DCP.
Your donation can go even further! Thanks to new and former donors including Big D Speedshop, John Langmore, Pat Villareal and Tom Leatherbury, and Greg and Brooke Alexander, every $1 given during North Texas Giving Day will be matched up to $6,000.